Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Delightful Surprise

I gazed out my kitchen window this morning and something caught my eye.  Ahh... my gardenias are starting to bloom.  What a neat little surprise gift.


I ran out and clipped off five blossoms and brought them into my kitchen placing them in a shallow dish half filled with tap water.  Just the right little pick me up!

White Gardenia Night

Gardenias saturate the night, 
clothed in their array of lovely white.
Their fragrance permeates the nose, 
and far outshines the perfect rose.

White Gardenias take me there, 
while I sit upon my chair.
And listen to the crickets play, 
in their orchestrative way.

I feel blessed to be, 
alone in my revelry, 
on a White Gardenia night! 
Rebecca Wiles

-The End-


7 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is one of the only things i actually miss about louisiana.... the gardenias we had in our yard. they smelled SO beautiful.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Gorgeous! We are once again back to snow mixed with rain, so spring flowers are a long way off. It's nice to get a little preview from you Southerners!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love the poem, and that gorgeous flower. Nice shot, Lesley.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful flower. I know that sure would have brighten my day! And what a great pose.. I hope you are having a happy week.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me such a kind comment.

Hugs, Linda

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I can smell it now! I love gardenias! They are my favorite!

Sam I Am...... said...

How beautiful! I'm not sure i can grow them here but I sure would like too. I love the smell!

Lisa Montsion said...

What a beautiful flower.

lisa