Friday, June 8, 2012

I've Been Away Too Long

I've taken breaks from The Homeless Finch in the past due to vacations and the like.  But, it has been 7 weeks since my last post.  Funny...it feels longer.  I never anticipated being away like this, but the transition into the new house has been way more than I anticipated.  Until the end of last week, we have been driving my daughter to her previous school.  The drive took a full hour and a half two times a day.  It was worse than it sounds...really.  It's okay because anyone can do anything for a short period of time, right?

Even though we have moved 7 times since 1988, this one was much more difficult. Was it because we moved pretty far from our previous houses?  (If you are not counting the move out of state and back into state in one year just over ten years ago.)  Probably not.  Was it the timing?  My daughter having not graduated from 8th grade yet and a son struggling to keep decent grades after too many changes in his life this past year?  Maybe.  Am I getting older? Yep. Probably.   All this and more has made it next to impossible for me to find time to even read my favorite blogs, let alone write mine.

So, I'm easing back in.  I've started reading some of my favorite blogs and this post will be my 'toe in the water' attempt to write again.  I don't know what direction The Homeless Finch will take this year.  I certainly have a ton of house posts I could write, but am very hesitant to make home decor the center focus of The Homeless Finch.  ....  or maybe I will.   Hey, maybe I will just take one day at a time and we can all see how things develop.  I have plans to paint several pieces of art specifically for rooms in my house.  I know I will be sharing the process and finished works for sure.  Sound good?

For now, I will show you two images I took on my iPhone a few days apart.  I go and sit in this spot to rest and relax between unpacking boxes. It's the lake view from the cabana out by the pool.



Yes, you are correct.  In the second image I might just have been also enjoying a nice, crisp glass of white wine!  Love this spot.  Perhaps I will talk more about it later.

-The End-


8 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Welcome back!! Oh Lesley, that looks so inviting and lovely! I can imagine your creative juices flowing with that new canvas/house. Looking forward to all your varied posts!

Cassie Bustamante said...

welcome back, friend! what a gorgeous place to relax between the not so fun moving duties. i have been thinking of you and am glad to know you are indeed still alive.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh, gorgeous views!!! I couldn't even post a photo of what I see from my front yard. Well, I could take photos of unsuspecting passersby. Probably not a good idea. :@

Good to see you are taking time to srop and smell the roses....or taste the wine, perhaps?

Welcome back!

Unknown said...

Hi Lesley !
Glad you are all settled in. Your view is so pretty. Oh those palm trees are an instant relaxer. You just want to lay back and gaze at the blue sky and a bright white puffy clouds and watch the fronds sway in the breeze. Makes me think Of Hawaii. I am glad to hear about the painting idea !!! take your time and let what will be ...BE !

KAT

Karen Isaacson said...

welcome back! glad you're settling in. Looking forward to see your paintings as they progress.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

That view MUST make it all worthwhile! Glad to see you back ;-)

Grammy Goodwill said...

Welcome back. You're right - one day at a time, and sometimes just one step at a time.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Hello there, Lesley. Yes, I missed you, but I knew you had a lot on your plate. Looking forward to whatever direction you decide. Great view, btw.